Friday, January 27, 2012

Is it all in the Mind?

Hey guys, so I've been thinking about this for a while... Is love simply something made up in our minds? Now before you get upset and say, why am I reading this bull, let me just state that I do believe that we all have that special someone out there who's the perfect match for us, and all we have to do is find each other. But based on my past with guys (that barely exists), I have to wonder if that special someone will ever find me. I  mean, I feel like I'm a lost cause, like someone who is meant to live their life alone and never find true love.

And as that lonely person, I have to wonder if I really do have a shot with anyone. I truly want to believe that we all have a better half out there waiting to find us, but what if we never find each other, I mean there are 6 billion people on the earth, what are the chances that we would find each other? 1 in a billion, i have a better chance winning the lottery right?

I do wish that that invisible red string that hold two people meant to be together, the one that gets tangled but never cut, is visible to us. I mean wouldn't life be a million times simpler if we all didn't have to worry about the guy we like liking us back, or who we will end up with? That would be a weight off our shoulders right? Well maybe not, cause we are never truly satisfied with what we have. We always want more, so what happens if we find that one person, and we don't like the way they look? The way they smell? And I know, I'm just taking something totally happy and breaking it into a million and one pieces in front of your eyes, but doesn't anyone ever wonder about this? I mean, isn't part of the excitement of falling in love the journey? Getting to know the person, falling for them, and finally the effort you put into to see if they feel the same way about you?

Wouldn't all the magic of love disappear if we never got to, excuse my term, but chase after the one that we love? Where would the fun be in knowing exactly who we were going to be with for the rest of our lives? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on arranged marriages, they are fine in my book, because so many of the people end up being happy, just like my grandparents are.

But all in all, i guess I'm just depressed that I don't have anyone in my life at the moment :P Feel free to tell me how you feel about this.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment