Sunday, May 6, 2012

Manners Matter

Do you know someone who doesn't have any manners at all? Or someone who does something rude all the time that has become your pet peeve? Like always interrupting when you talk, always texting during your conversations or just plain out rude because they don't censor what they say before it comes out of their mouth? Well to those people, manners matter! We may be living in the 21st century, but respect is still a huge people pleaser so learn some. I mean, I understand that sometimes we can't help it cause we're in a bad mood, but come on. And I can't say I'm perfect and always respectful. i actually text during conversations with people sometimes, and I know it's rude, but I apologize for doing it, I don't just keep texting and ignore the person I'm with.

Also, hitting people before you say something to them? Stop that, I know you're trying o get someones attention, but to hit them before EVERY statement gets very annoying and at a point it's rude and just unclassy.

But most of all, think about what you say before you say anything. Don't let rude comments slip out of your mouth, think about it first. And to be honest, saying something in a nice voice doesn't make your message any nicer.

Now most of you are probably wondering why I'm going on on this long rant that most of you probably don't care about, so I'll tell you. I have a friend who is just rude, the things she says sometimes makes you wonder why she would ever say a thing like that to begin with. She basically told me that I would be a failure at life, end up with a crappy job, and even do a crappy job at that. and she is one of my closer friends. Like WTF? You don't go up to a close friend and say stuff like that. she has called another one of my friends and "anorexic freak." My friend is not anorexic, but she is all too aware of her small figure, and it hurt her, because she is trying to gain weight, but just can't. She's also referred to her as someone with just one vein going through her body because she was so small. once again, you don't say stuff like that to people.

Basically, I just want to tell you guys, please be more considerate to the people around you. Most of these people love you, but if you don't treat them with respect, or realize what hurts them and keep hurting them they will one day leave you, and you may never know why, but they know fully well why.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment