Saturday, May 5, 2012

I Wonder...

Don't you ever look back on something and think "What if..."?

What if I did this or that, or what if I didn't do this or that. Don't you ever wonder what life would be like if you took a different decision at different times in your life. Do you ever wonder if maybe you would be happier, sadder, more successful, more popular, gotten a promotion, gotten fired and so on. If you answer no, you have never wonders about stuff like that, I have one thing to say to you: "You are a liar." We have all thought of things like this once or twice or maybe a million if you're like me. We have all looked into the past and regretted a decision that we have made. We are not perfect beings who always make the right decision, ever decision we make has it's casualties. By choosing a path, we loose out chances of seeing or doing whatever the other path would have led us to. We are humans, and humans experience nostalgia and that is what brings us back in time to wonder about the decisions we have made in our lives.

About 50% of you are probably thinking that you have taken every right decision, whereas the other 50% are thinking "I do wish I did this one/many thing(s)..."

Well I fall into the last 50%. The ones who wonder if changing one thing in their past may change who they are today for the better. I'm not saying I regret every that I have done up to this day, and at the same time I do believe that my options were the right ones, as far as I know anyways. But sometimes I think, what if I did this back in 6th grade, or what I never freaked this guy out, or what if I was never friends with BF, would my life be better? Would my walls not be up so high? Would I be where I am today?

We all have thoughts like this, those of you who deny, maybe it's time to let these thoughts come into your head, because it will allow you to know yourself a little more. Cause you know what people say, "To love others, one must love oneself first." So get to know yourself, accept who you are, accept your mistakes, accept your missed chances and learn to accept yourself for who you are.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment