Friday, May 11, 2012

Graduation

Hey Guys,

So my official last day of CEGEP was yesterday. For those of you who live in Quebec, you know what CEGEP is. For those who don't, CEGEP is something like College, in a way, it's not like College in a way that it means you choose that over University, but it's a transition between High School and University. Yesterday was my last day of classes. And all there is left is 3 exams, and I will hopefully graduate!

As exciting as graduation may seem, I'm also sad about it. Yes, I'm going to go all mushy on you guys. I'm going to say it, I'll miss all my friends. This is, in a sense, where we will truly part ways... I've stayed close to a few of my High School friends after starting CEGEP. During High School we said we would miss each other,but we ended up staying pretty close anyways, these High School friends are BB, O, and W. We always hung out once in a while and talked on the phone or on Skype. But it helped that we were all in the same program, we would have the same classes, or we would study together for others, but now we are all going into different programs, at different schools too. I know that no matter how much we're going to stay in touch, we might not...

Then there are the equally awesome friends I made in CEGEP. First off there is Y which I never introduced till now. So welcome Y!! I met her a little over a year ago now, she's amazing :) I love spending time with her, and she is nicknamed to be my twin by H (whoa, he hasn't been in a post for a while :P). But she's there when I need someone to talk to, and she is great company because she's always making me laugh :P

Then there is of course, my love (don't take this seriously, it is an inside joke... or is it :P) ST, because she is so wonderfully awesomely awesome and has been there for me all semester, and we only became friends this semester. She is a wonderful person to be with, she never judges me, even in my weirdest most randomness moments, she doesn't judge me! Now that is a true friend :) She is also super supportive and just a super duper sweet person all around. I will still see her, maybe sometimes against my will. But I'll miss seeing her EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I can tell you that there is no way I'm letting go just yet.

Then there is of course H, who is actually going into the same program I am, but I'll still miss seeing him so often around school. and perhaps even our Skype convos. Hopefully, we'll stay friends throughout uni.

And also AK, who is stuck to me like glue :) I'll miss her so much! She just like ST and I have become very close in the last semester and I'll miss seeing her so very often, and I'll even miss the 8AM FRT shifts I had with her, which she was always late to. :P

And silly SB, who kept me entertained every time I talked to him or saw him. I will however now miss getting purell to the face :P 

But seriously, I'm going to miss everyone. I've made such amazing new friends in the past 2 years (the friends mentioned above and not the only friends I've made, but they are the close ones I've made) it's just amazing how 2 years can fly by so quickly, without feeling like it's been 2 whole years of suffering and new experiences from school. The next thing I know, I'll be (hopefully) graduating from uni and then off to do my graduate studies...

Life is coming at us quickly, and sometimes like W says, we just need a pause button and relax, and still feel like a kid. Which by the way is something that we should all do, because there is nothing EVER wrong with feeling like a kid. In fact it's healthier to be young on the inside :)

So until next time (after exams), don't forget to smile at yourself, let the kid inside you out once in a while and most of all laugh whenever you get the chance.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment